Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Work of Art

Rio is an artist.  The youngest one I know.  My mom, a prolific painter herself, deserves the credit for getting a paintbrush comfortably in the kid's hands.  They sit listening to music and let the brushes do the talking.  Some days, she'll come to me and ask to paint without her Granny around.  She loves it.  I love it.  In the past eight months that she's been painting more frequently, you can see an evolution in her styles just as you can with her language skills.  It's amazing, really.
I realized the other day just how many paintings she's amassed and decided to photograph them together.  There are others that we've hung in her room and there are some floating around at my parents' house.  I've had fabric made out of one so far, with more to come. 
Color Paint me impressed.  And proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...