Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Day Trip Dream Trip

While it feels like my birthday was forever ago, it was just three weeks ago!  To celebrate, I really wanted to hit the road and go somewhere.  We only had a big enough window for a day trip so we chose to visit the uh-mazing Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas.  I had been once before but only had literally 45 minutes to see as much as I could.  If you've been to CB before, you know that that short amount of time is not nearly long enough to take in all the museum has to offer. 

We loaded up my new car for its first big-ish road trip and off we went!  I drove there and back and serenaded my lucky passengers the entire way.  During our drive, I realized that this was Rio's first time out of the state!  Unreal!  I also had a moment where I realized how cool it will be to have many birthday adventures with her in the future since our birthdays are exactly one week apart. :)

We had a wonderful time and it was great to slip away from the norm, even if it was for just a day.  The weather was ideal, the installations were amazing (hello, Warhol!), and the company was superb.  I was a little saddened that the Frank Lloyd Wright house wasn't yet open to the public but that gives me one more reason to return in the near future.

Upon our return home, we were invited to a friend's house for dinner which we happily accepted.  It was the icing on the cake. 

And now, some photographic evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...