Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hashtag Sew Wigwam

I can honestly say that last weekend was one of the best I've had in a long, long time.  Where to even begin!?
Over the past few years, a few things have happened.  I've become quite infatuated with sewing (obviously), I've discovered the magic of crafting retreats, and I've had the pleasure of getting to know a handful of amazing, talented, hilarious, and respectable women within my community that I love spending time with.  When I get a rare, free weekend, I love to run off to my family's cabin.  I often take my machine or hand-stitching to accompany me and have thought for a while how much fun it would be to invite folks out there to do the same.  Well, after months of talking about it, it finally happened!  This past weekend seven truly spectacular ladies joined me in the woods to sew in a wigwam and it was the best.  Seriously.

I made a few little fabric baskets for everyone, encouraged folks to volunteer to feed us, reserved the common building on the property (aka the wigwam), bought some boos, packed a speaker, made sure there was room for Mondo in the car, and checked the weather incessantly.  Amazingly, all eight of us were able to attend for the entire weekend and the weather forecast of rain all weekend was completely wrong.  IT WAS PERFECT.

We sewed, we rapped, we laughed, we pondered, we reflected, we ate, we drank, we encouraged each other, we bonded, we grew, and we even made a hashtag on Instagram - #sewwigwam.  I'm really not sure it could have been any better.  This will happen again, mark my words!  And now, the photos.
See?  Perfect.  I can't wipe this smile off of my face.  And I'm OK with that. 

1 comment:

  1. It really was perfect. Still feeling so energized by this weekend. I'll just keep thanking you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...