Sunday, May 8, 2016

Thank You, Moma

What's that saying?  She gets it from her Mama?  There are so many things that I know, without a doubt, that my mom has passed down to me but I think one of my favorites is the desire and drive to create.  My mom has ALWAYS been a maker.  I have such strong memories of her sewing up a storm (as evidenced by the photos in this post) or with a hook in her hand making baby blankets or clothes for my sister and me.  Now she's a prolific painter but one thing has remained constant, she's never stopped creating and I think that's one of the greatest gifts and examples she could have even given me. 

So thank you, Moma, for showing me how important it is to honor the creativity that lives within us all.  I can't thank you enough for that and for encouraging me to embrace my own creative drives.  It means the world.  You mean the world.  Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...