Friday, July 29, 2016

Ten Years

Just a couple of weekends ago, Brent and I celebrated ten years together!  I CANNOT believe it's already been ten years.  That went by FAST.  We met at the Woody Guthrie Folk Festival completely unexpectedly and have been going strong ever since.  I wrote all about our journey a few years back.  It had been a few years since I had attended the festival but this year, we made it a top priority to go. 

 
Okemah is not only Woody Guthrie's hometown but it is also Brent's hometown so it's always a small family reunion when we make our journey there.  Thanks to an awesome freak storm (a crazy derecho!), we lost power at our house for a few days which postponed our departure but it all worked out in the end.  We spent a good amount of time before and after the festival at my wonderful father-in-law's house with all sorts of characters. 



The land out there is just gorgeous.  I took a quick stroll as the sun began its descent and grabbed a few photos of the magic.  In person, it's rejuvenating.
The festival has changed over the years some, but so have we.  A few of our friends that have been there since our beginning joined us again to celebrate Woody, beautiful music, and us.  My gratitude runs deep.
I'm so glad we were able to run away together for a few days.  Ten years!  I'm proud of us, I'm impressed by us, I'm inspired by us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...