Monday, October 3, 2016

FOUR!!!

Four.  The kid turned four on Saturday.  I know, I can hardly believe it either!  Of course we had to celebrate, Shepley style!  The morning of her birthday didn't quite start out like we had expected.  Poor little birthday girl woke up in the wee hours of the morning with a stomach that wasn't agreeing with her.  In the midst of her ill nature, she asked if we'd still be celebrating her birthday that day.  I honestly wasn't sure what was going to happen.  After the sun had risen and she seemed to be feeling a bit better, we decided that we'd let our guests know what was going on and let them choose if they wanted to come or not.  Amazingly, everyone still came!  Rio was elated.  It was a great day.
Her Uncle Kyle had just returned from the Olympics so he brought her back allllll sorts of Rio souvenirs!  She opted to wear her new Rio shirt for her big day.  So cute.  :)
We continued the tradition of her birthday banner.  I got a little choked up making this year's number!  It's going so fast!!  One, Two, Three!

I'm not much for planning themed parties but we kinda had a themed one for her this year.  Basically, I've been so busy lately that I hadn't thought about her celebration until just a few days before the party.  I thought it may be fun for her to pop up a tent in the backyard and it just went from there.  We bought a few hay bales, made a fake fire, and surrounded it all with every tiny chair we had in the house.  We bought mini pumpkins (yay, October 1st birthday!) to share with her friends and I made mini s'more kits for everyone to take home.  I made vegan chili, recipe courtesy of my loud and proud vegan sister, which was devoured by the masses and we finished up the grub with a rainbow cake. 
It was a beautiful day to be outside with good friends and family!
Rio has some really amazing people that love her.  She's a lucky kid!  Miss Jinni from her school made her a Mudd Pony stick horse!  My dad promptly showed her how to ride it.  
She also scored her first pair of aviator shades.  She's cooler than I'll ever be.
Her BIG gift this year was this fancy ride from her gracious Papa and Rita!  I have a good feeling this thing will rack up the miles over the years.  It's already loaded down with rocks!
The day after her birthday, she asked me if she was still four.  Today, she's been referring to everything as 'a long time ago, when she was three.'  Slow your growing roll, little Rio.  We need a moment to soak it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...