Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Pearl District: Our Pop Up Shop

This past weekend I had the honor of participating in StreetCred:  Polishing the Pearl in Tulsa, hosted by Tulsa Young Professionals.  It was SUCH a fantastic weekend and occurred in an area very close to my heart so I am going to break the event down into two different posts so I don't overwhelm you with photos and words!  

This post is concerned with  the Indie Emporium shop that set up in one of the vacant buildings on 6th Street Friday and Saturday :)  I arrived around noon on Friday to help others unload and to set up shop myself.  The event didn't get going until 5 but there were TONS of people out working in the streets all day long and getting things ready for business!  Unfortunately, Friday was pretty drizzley and chilly but luckily, that did not deter the crowds from coming!

My humble corner before setting up.  
Making the place a bit more festive!
Some awesome Indie Emporium shirts!  Kicking myself for not snagging one!
MOI!!  And I finally got my blasted banner grommetted and hung!
Decorated the exterior of our shop which was documented from outside...
...and inside!  And somehow, I missed a shot of Nikki's booth, The Gleeful Peacock! 
And the finished product!  On Saturday, we had a few shops set up outside as well as the IE shirts.  If you know me well, then you know how excited I was to tell people that we were in the building with the huge globe atop!
I feel so lucky to be able to call all of these talented folk my friends.  It's an honor really!  I mean look at their smiling faces!  How could these people not make you feel good!?!
And then there's me.  All bundled up in my tiny corner ;)
The overcast conditions Friday night made for some beautiful nighttime photos, many of which will be shared in my next post.  Our little building just exuded warmth!
And you know how much I love fuzzy shoppers, especially gigantic ones so you must know how stoked I was to have these two Tibetan Mastiffs in our shop!  Uh-mazing!
And finally, a panoramic view of the Pearl District with downtown to your furthest right and our shop to your furthest left :)
Thanks upon thanks to those who came out and supported our little shop.  It was more than I could have ever imagined!  And thanks to my maker friends!  You guys make every day a little brighter :)

3 comments:

  1. Man I really wanted to be at this.... Great event!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad you had a good time.. it looked like a really neat event to be part of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Briana- SO much fun! I can't even tell you what it did for my morale. I think it makes all the difference when you're in the presence of sweet, loving friends. ♥

    Thank you so much for sharing all your gorgeous photos! You are quite the little photographer, you know it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...